Thank you so much for your interest in Indivisible Arlington, VA! We are an activist group dedicated to opposing the Trump agenda locally in Northern Virginia.
There’s lots of work to do, and we can’t wait to meet you in person. However, you don’t have to wait to take action! Here are some concrete steps you can take right now to get moving.
- If you’re in Arlington, Virginia and ready to resist, you can become a member of our group by filling out the New Members and Volunteers form.
- Read Indivisible: A Practical Guide For Resisting the Trump Agenda
- Find out who your Congressperson is. You’ll be calling, showing up at town hall meetings, and more. Go to the Directory of Representatives and enter your zip code in the box at the top. You can also use our Resources page.
- Look for Weekly Actions on our Home page. Here you will find everything you need to know to take direct action, make calls, and write emails. You can also use the Indivisible Guide’s Scripts page to get up to speed on issues and see sample call dialogues.
- If you have more time, look for additional actions on the 5 Calls website, Indivisible NoVa’s Daily Action page, and Indivisible’s Capitol Calendar.
- Other group meetings or actions in your area are listed on the Indivisible Guide search by zip code page.
- Get 5 friends to look up their Congressperson and have them make calls as well! This is especially helpful in districts/states with Republican Members. Encourage each of them to enlist 5 of their friends, and so on. This is how we grow the movement.
- Follow us on Twitter or Facebook.
- Stay tuned for news about our next meeting, activity, or action item. We plan on making it a regular thing, that way we can all meet face to face.
How we’re resisting in Arlington:
We will be announcing our scheduled office visits, attendance at town halls, and other public events on the Weekly Action form on our Home page. We will provide information about which sound bites to emphasize at each event. Our Calendar will show a more comprehensive list of events coming up in the weeks ahead.
Phone calls and emails
While our focus is on frequent contacts with our Members of Congress at town halls, office visits, and public events, we will also be letting you know about phone calls and email needed on the Weekly Action form on our Home page and Calendar as well.
Messaging and Tone
When calling or visiting Republican Members of Congress, our messaging will be designed to appeal to their common sense, patriotism, or at least self-interest. If we act hysterical, or seem unfocused, we lose.
When calling or visiting Democratic Members of Congress, we need to thank them for times when they speak out against Trump and focused on a few priority issues so our message doesn’t get muddled.